Friday, December 21, 2012

Recipe Made with Leftover Ingredients!

After making Lasagna Soup, I had a lot of leftover Ricotta Cheese.  What to make with that?!  The cheese I bought was a bit pricey and I didn't want to just let it go bad then have to throw it away.  I also had leftover Rotisserie Chicken in the fridge from something else I had made... definitely didn't want to waste that! Luckily, I came across a recipe for this for Whole Wheat Pasta and Ricotta with Vegetables and I added some chicken to it.  It was a good recipe and it was nice to use up leftover ingredients, but I'm not sure I'll make this recipe again.  Again, it was GOOD, but it was kind of bland.  I think it needed more balsamic vinegar or something... but it was still pretty good and a nice way to use up leftovers!  Here ya go:

Whole Wheat Pasta and Ricotta with Veggies
8 oz Pasta
2 1/2 cups Broccoli Florets
1 1/2 cups Asparagus (I used green beans instead... my poor husband already had to deal w/ broccoli in the recipe.  I had to add something he would eat!)
1 cup light Ricotta Cheese
1 T Basil
1 tsp Thyme
4 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 T Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 large Ripe Tomatoes, chopped
2 T Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Add broccoli and green beans during last 3 minutes of cooking.  Drain.

In a large serving bowl combine cheese, basil, thyme, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Add cooked pasta and veggies to ricotta mixture.  Add chopped tomatoes, toss to combine.  Sprinkle each with cheese.  Serve immediately and ENJOY!


In other news, Happy Winter Break!!  We had a pretty crazy blizzard come through here Wednesday night and Thursday... it left a lot of people without power, and no school Thursday!  It was pretty darn cold in our house Thursday, luckily my hubby made a fire to help keep me warm while he had to go to work.  Turns out, a lot of people are still without power and the roads are pretty slick still so school was cancelled again today!  An extra 2 days of break is pretty nice, but come June I may be a little perturbed about it.  That's ok though, I was in need of a break.  Life has been so busy, hectic, and a little stressful.  Happy Holidays everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment