Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cheesy Meatloaf

Growing up, I did like meatloaf when my mom made it.  Especially leftover meatloaf sandwiches, so yummy!  Not sure why I haven't made it since getting married or being on my own.  I think mainly because it makes a TON of meatloaf and there are only 2 of us in our household.  I was pretty excited when I found this recipe for Meatloaf on Iowa Girl Eats.  Making each meatloaf into individual sized portions is genius!  I'm going to try that with my mom's recipe too.  I decided to make this recipe, not only because it was made into smaller portions, but also because it was stuffed with cheese.  Yeah... pretty ridiculous stuff.  Here ya go!!

Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf
1 large Sweet Onion
1 T Butter
Salt
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Egg, whisked
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup + 2 T BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
Pepper
2 oz Cheddar Cheese, cut into 1/4" cubes

Cut onion in half, then each half into thin slices.  Melt butter in a large skills over medium heat, then add onion and some salt.  Cook, stirring every couple minutes, until onions are golden brown and caramelized (about 20 minutes.)  Set aside.  Next time, I'm going to use the food processor to cut up the onions.  I tried to do the bigger pieces of onion because I know my husband likes it... but I couldn't do it.  I spent too much time picking out the onions from the finished product.  So next time, it'll be too small for me to even tell the onion is in the meatloaf!!

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a large bowl combine egg, ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, 2 T BBQ sauce, panko crumbs, pepper, cheese, and onions.  Mix until combined.  Divide mixture into 4 equal sized portions, then form into loaves on a foil-lined, non-stick sprayed baking sheet.  Spread about 1 T BBQ sauce onto each loaf.  Bake 20-25 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.











I found these easy to make and very delicious!  I made them on a Sunday thinking they may take some extra time, but this is definitely something I could make on a school nice.  Make it healthier with some ground turkey and low fat cheese.  Enjoy :)


Currently Reading:
I haven't really shared what I've been reading lately:

  • Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling-- OK.  Kind of a slow book, but in the end I enjoyed it.
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn-- Great book!  It was a mystery and kept me interested the whole time :)
  • Currently Reading: The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst-- mainly because I'm in the mood for a cheesy romance novel!  Great no brainer of a book for winter break :)


No comments:

Post a Comment