Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Healthy (and Delicious!!!) Cheesy Potatoes

I love cheesy potatoes... let's be honest, I love anything with cheese :)  I try to healthify cheesy potato recipes where I can, because they really aren't THAT healthy.  I found this recipe on pinterest and I was skeptical.  I made these when some friends came over and I was nervous they weren't going to be good.  It's always nerve-wrecking making a new recipe for friends and you have no idea how it will be.  I saw what I put in the recipe so I figured it would be average, but these turned out really good!  Not as good as the classic, obviously, but these are very tasty!  I'll definitely make these again.  If you're looking for a healthy option, these are definitely worth it!  Here you go:

Slim Potato Casserole
32 oz Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
1 1/2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup 2% Milk (you need the fat to help everything cook and stick together)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Season All Salt
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 cup Shredded Cheese (again, don't use low fat... you need regular cheese to help everything stay together)
S&P to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Grease a 9x13 pan (NO METAL!!!).  Pour potato mixture into pan, spread evenly.  Bake uncovered for 55 minutes.



So good!  Can't wait to make these again :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment