Monday, December 31, 2012

Grown-Up Grilled Cheese

I love cheese... I mean, I REALLY love cheese :)  I was pretty excited to try this new Grilled Cheese Recipe that uses a Spinach Pesto and also fancy Gruyere cheese.  I will just say that the gruyere was a little pricey and I think this sandwich would be just fine with Mozzarella or White Cheddar.  So if you want to save some money, don't splurge on fancy cheese.  You can do what you want though... here ya go:

Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Butter
2 slices of Bread
1/2 cup Gruyere, grated
1-3 T Spinach Pesto
       
For the Spinach Pesto:
1 cup baby Spinach
1/4 cup Fresh Herbs (I used parsley and thyme because that's what I had)
1 clove Garlic
2 T Walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup Feta
3 T Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon, juiced
S&P for taste

Put everything everything in a food processor and blend.

Back to the Sandwich:

Heat a non-stick pan.

Butter the outside of each slice of bread.  Sprinkle half the cheese on the inside of one slice of bread, top with spinach pesto, then top with remaining cheese.  Top with other slice of bread.

Grill the sandwich until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.  Easy and very tasty!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment