Friday, December 28, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Soup!

Anything made in a crockpot, in the middle of the week, is a big hit in our house!  I love coming home from work and working out and dinner is ready to be served.  Chris and I really love Chicken and Wild Rice soup from Panera, so when I saw this on Pinterest I knew I had to make it.  It's pretty good!  Next time, I'm going to wait to put the rice in... the rice was a bit mushy.  But the overall flavor was delicious and we really enjoyed it! Here you go:


Crockpot Chicken and Rice Soup
4 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
2 cups Water
2 Chicken Breasts (Next time I'm going to put more chicken in... maybe double this)
1 package Rice-a-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Butter
2 cups Half and Half
1 cup Grated Carrots
1 cup Diced Celery  (I didn't have any veggies for it, oops!)

Combine broth, water, carrots, celery, chicken, rice, and seasoning packet in slow cooker.  Cook on low for 6 hours.

Take chicken out and shred it, put back in slow cooker.

In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, and flour.  In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.  Stir in flour mixture a little at a time.  Whisk in cream a little at a time until fully incorporated and smooth.  Stir mixture into slow cooker and let cook on low for 15 more minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment