Monday, November 26, 2012

Chicken w/ Balsamic Cream Sauce

So, after making my Orzo Side Dish I had some left over cream... I didn't want to waste it.  Luckily I found this tasty looking recipe for Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce.  This is a VERY rich dinner that takes a little time to make, but is definitely worth it.  I made this on a Thursday when I don't work out, which means I had some extra time on my hands. BE WARNED: This isn't the healthiest recipe.  However, I like to give new recipes a chance.  Not sure how often this will be made in our house, but it was definitely a treat!  Here ya go:

Chicken w/ Balsamic Cream Sauce
1 1/2 lb Chicken
1/2 of a Large Onion, sliced
1 package of Sliced Mushrooms (The things I do for my hubby...)
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1 cup Heavy Cream
5 T Butter
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
S&P

Saute onions over medium heat in 2 T butter, until caramelized... about 15 minutes.  Remove from heat and set aside.

Heat the remaining 3 T butter over medium high heat.  Place chicken in the pan, brown on both sides.  Remove from pan and set aside.  It is ok if they are not cooked through at this point.

De-glaze pan with chicken stock.  Scrape bottom of pan.  Add cream and vinegar, stir.  Add mushrooms and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.

Add chicken back to the pan, turn heat back to medium.  Let chicken cook all the way through, about 10 more minutes.

Remove chicken from pan.  Add Parmesan cheese and onions to the sauce, stir until the cheese is completely melted.  Serve this on a bed of rice with a veggie side and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment