Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Good and Easy Side Dish

I have noticed that on my pinterest boards (where I hoard massive amounts of recipes I want to make), there are a ton of side dishes that I have yet to make.  I decided I wanted to make an easy meal one nice, most likely a school night, so I found this recipe for Creamy Orzo with Asparagus and Parmesan. Chris was freaked out by the asparagus, but ate some of it... I was so proud.  I paired it with some chicken that I marinated in Greek Salad Dressing for a couple hours. It's super delicious, easy, and I will definitely be making it again!  Here ya go:

Creamy Orzo with Asparagus & Parmesan
1 cup Orzo
1 cup Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 T Butter
1/4-1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
S&P to taste

Bring large pan of water to a boil.  Cook orzo until tender, about 10 minutes.

After the orzo has been cooking for 5 minutes, add the asparagus into the same pot.  After 5 more minutes, drain and return to the pot.

Add the cheese and butter, stir thoroughly allowing everything to melt.  Slowly add the cream to the mixture, I ended up only using about 1/4 cup.  Season with s&p.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment