Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole

Beware: This meal makes enough for an Army!  I made this on New Years Eve night.  So, on New Year's Day morning we woke up and breakfast was ready!  I figured that since we actually planned to stay up, why not throw this on around 12:30 am so it'd be ready when we woke up.  Unfortunately, we don't sleep later than 8 or 9 these days, so this was perfect timing.  I will tell you this recipe was delicious, but slightly bland.  I think it'd be great with some red peppers or maybe I should have used Sharp Cheddar. But, I topped it with ketchup since most of it was made with potatoes anyway.  Very delicious!  I'll make this sometime when we have people coming over... it was just a bit too much for Chris and I.   It took a week to take care of all the leftovers. Here you go:

Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole via Iowa Girl Eats
30 oz Frozen Hash Browns
1 lb Sausage, browned and drained (I used Bob Evans)
8 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
6 Green Onions, sliced
12 Eggs
1/2 cup Milk
S&P

Spray crock pot with PAM.  Place half the hash browns on the bottom, layer in half the cooked sausage, half the cheeses, half the onions.  Then repeat with hash brown, sausage, cheese.

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, S&P.  Drizzle over the top of hash brown mixture.  Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.

I think next time I'm going to serve it with salsa on top.  Very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment